Hope Floats Foundation Scholarship Program
What is Hope Floats?
Hope Floats Foundation is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to prevent drownings by providing scholarships for swim lessons. Hope Floats partners with local communities to offer financial need-based scholarships at over 200 swim school locations in 31 states. 512 Swim Co. has partnered with the Hope Floats Foundation to provide swimming scholarship opportunities to children in the greater Austin, Texas area.
Hope Floats Foundation provides 3-month scholarships for swimming lessons for children who qualify for free/reduced lunch. A requirement of the scholarship program is that all families must make a financial contribution toward their lessons. Click here to see if your family qualifies or send an inquiry to [email protected].
What does Hope Floats do to help?
By partnering with high-quality swim schools, like 512 Swim Co., to provide scholarships for swimming lessons for children living in poverty, Hope Floats takes care of the qualifying work, accumulates the money, and directs the money into the right hands for scholarship assistance.
- Drowning is the Leading Cause of Accidental Death in the U.S. for Ages 4 & Under (CDC).
- Lower socioeconomic status is associated with higher risk of drowning (WHO).
- Participation in formal swim lessons reduces risk of drowning by 88%! (Studies at the National Institute of Health)
- According to Griffith University research (2013), young children who participate in swim lessons at an early age boosts the development of the Whole Child and are:
- 20 months ahead in understanding directions
- 17 months ahead in story recall
- 10 months ahead in cognitive skills
- 7 months ahead in fine motor skills
Click here to see if your family qualifies or send an inquiry to [email protected]. Please note: all eligibility requirements and application review are handled by Hope Floats. 512 Swim Co. is not involved in the process to determine who will receive a scholarship. For questions about the program or the status of your application please email [email protected].
o How Can I Apply for a Scholarship?
- Visit the Apply for Assistance page on HopeFloats.foundation
- Complete the online form – Allow 3 to 4 weeks for application review.
Please note: all eligibility requirements and application review are handled by Hope Floats. 512 Swim Co. is not involved in the process to determine who will receive a scholarship.